Fire Blanket Installation Guide
Integral Fire Protection provides the highest quality of service when dealing with the installation of fire blankets. Every blanket we install meets all current Australian Standards to ensure that our clients meet their obligatory fire and safety requirements. For further information on installation pricing, don’t hesitate to contact us HERE.
If you are simply looking to purchase fire blankets and are confident enough to install them on your own, head to our online store HERE. If installing them on your own, we encourage that you are informed and understand how to install extinguishers in accordance with AS2444. The below information will give you the knowledge and understanding of how to install them correctly.
Location Advice – According to AS2444
Section 5.3 – Each fire blanket shall be located in a conspicuous and readily accessible position. The blanket shall not be located in a position where access could present a hazard to the potential user.
Section 5.5 – Fire blankets shall be installed by mounting containers on brackets which are sufficiently strong to withstand the loads imposed when removing the fire blanket from its container. Sufficient room shall be allowed so that the fire blanket can be quickly removed without impedance from nearby obstructions.
Attaching to the Wall
Fire blankets are mounted to the wall using 1 or 2 (depending on the size of the blanket) brass ferruled mounting holes. This is the most reliable method of installing a fire blanket.
When installing fire blanket our fire technicians must consider the following:
- What is the suitable size of fire blanket needed to counteract possible risks at the installation location?
- What type of wall is the fire blanket being mounted to? And which fixings are best suited to mount the blanket to that wall?
- Are there any cables / pipework behind the installation wall?
- Is the fire blanket subject to possible damage in the chosen installation location (Hot fat spitting on the cover)?
- The fire blankets accessibility in the event of a fire.
- Correct signage according to AS2444.
If you would like one of our trained technicians to install your equipment or you require further information on how to install it yourself, you can Contact us today for a free quote.