Australian Standards, Government & Industry Standards
Integral Fire Protection guarantee clients that all equipment and services provided adhere to the Australian Standards, Building Codes and relevant Government and Industry Standards. Australian standards and legislation are put in place in order to ensure that in the event of a fire hazard, fire safety provisions protect the building and occupants within the property.
Businesses are expected to be in accordance with the following standards, if applicable:
- AS 1670 – Automatic fire detection and alarm systems
- AS 1841 – Portable fire extinguishers
- AS 1851 – Service and maintenance of fire protection equipment
- AS 2293 – Emergency escape lighting and exit signs
- AS 2118 – Automatic fire sprinkler system
- AS 3745 – Planning for emergencies in facilities
- AS 4655 – Fire safety audits
- AS 2444 – Portable fire extinguisher and fire blankets
- AS 5062 – Fire protection for mobile and transportable equipment
- Occupational safety and health regulations 1996 (WA)
- Mines safety inspection act and regulations 1994
- Building Codes of Australia/National Construction Codes (BCA/NCC)
Click here to view and purchase copies of the Australian Standards.